This Sunday see’s the inaugural Ashley River Ramble (previously the Rangiora – Kaiapoi Fun Run) – a great new course from Waikuku to Rangiora which the whole family can participate in!
- The new event will be called the ‘Lions Ashley River Ramble’ and is family-friendly recreation for all
- It will be held on the morning of Sunday 4th March 2018 and is for walkers, runners and MTB riders
- The course will start at the Waikuku Beach Domain area and finish in Rangiora, alongside the Ashley River at the Ashley Picnic Ground!
- The route follows the river stop banks from Waikuku to Rangiora with its changing vistas of farm and river. MTB riders can choose to extend the ride and follow a route beyond the Ashley Bridge which takes in the single tracks of the Rakahuri
- The distance is just over 10.8km for runners and walkers and MTB riders with a further 10km option for MTB riders.
- You’ll be able to buy your entry tickets online, from local businesses and on the day (cash only on the day)
- Entry fees will be $20 per adult and $10 per school age child
- Money raised will go towards Youth Diabetes Canterbury a local community charity.
- Make sure you have sun screen!
Rangiora Lions in conjunction with Rangiora Lionesses and Woodend Lions