Address: Hurunui Racecourse, Medbury Road, Hurunui (A roughly 50 minute drive from Rangiora)
Date: 10 February 2018
Price: $10 (NZD)
The biennial Hurunui Race and Gala day will be held this year on Saturday 10 February at the historic Hurunui Race Course on Medbury Road, North Canterbury.
Proceeds from the day go towards helping local cancer support groups.
Just ten minutes north or Waikari, the race day will also feature Kidz Kartz as well as pacing and trotting equalisator events. A non-win pace, open pace and an open trot at this stage are planned, but nominations will dictate events.
To compete horses must be qualified, and drivers must have at least a stable hand license.
Field sizes are limited to six per race. Nominations to Amanda Tomlinson – 027 435 1380
First Race starts at 11am!
Make sure to checkout the event facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hurunuiraces/
Gala Stall Holders include:
- Smoke’n’Barrel Street Food ‘n’ Catering will be coming on the day with their selection of pulled meat sliders and salads – these are absolutely delicious.
- RePurpose Me – they have awesome repurposed furniture and homewares! They also specialise in unique Beer Crate Seats and Stool Boxes – funky storage solutions for everyone!
- Phunki Bowtique will be joining us on the day with their selection of gorgeous bow clips for girls. I have purchased a couple of these clips and they are really lovely! Go and check them out on facebook.
- Sweet Nostalgia Confectionery . Maxine can be found at most Canterbury A&P Shows and other events with her ever popular sweets and fudges. The kids just flock to her stall in droves and she has the most delicious old fashioned sweets such as Aniseed Balls, Mint Humbugs, Pink Smokos, Blackballs, Jelly Beans and much, much more!
- Two Red Aprons – Bonnie is a local Hurunui gal who has a passion for cooking and preserving. She is bringing her purpose-built mobile kitchen and will be serving up delicious wraps, cakes, savouries and fresh Espresso Coffee. She also has a selection of Lunch boxes which have a lovely selection of food, including a Gluten Free/Dairy Free option. You can pre-order these before the day, so pop on over, check her page out and put your order in now! Only $15 per lunchbox!
Bax & Berg Present Fashion in the Field!
The free-entry fashion in the field competition will be held on Saturday, 10 February with three categories:
Registration must be on the day by 12 pm, or pre-register at email@example.com
Pop in to try new Races outfit at:
Wilkes & Co in Culverden
Bax & Berg in Amberley