[The Waimakariri Library’s] new database, Lynda.com, offers courses on software, business, creative and technology skills.
Lynda.com has more than 5,000 on-demand courses to help you build professional skills across a vast range of job functions. New courses are added each month. Courses include software, graphic design, business skills, photography, marketing, web development and much more.
All Lynda.com courses are broken into short videos, so you can focus on a key topic of interest. Micro-learning, or watching small snippets of longer courses, helps you gain knowledge across numerous subjects or allows for immediate problem solving.
With Lynda.com you can:
- Create playlists that let you manage the list of courses you want to watch
- Bookmark specific videos for future reference
- View each video in small chunks, so it’s easy to find quick answers to specific questions or watch an entire course from end to end
- Read along with closed-captioned transcripts — or search the text to quickly find information within a course
Log in using your library card and pin.
Learn anytime, from anywhere. Download courses to your mobile device to view instruction on the go while you’re online. Start a course on a desktop device and finish it on your smartphone. Bookmark courses on your phone and watch them on your computer. To set up the Lynda.com app follow the following instructions:
- Download the Lynda.com app from the app/play store on your device.
- Open and click on Already a member
- Click the Organization tab, in the web portal box enter: libraries.waimakariri.govt.nz. Click Log in
- Enter your library card barcode and pin number. Click Log in
- A message with “Open in Lynda.com?” will pop-up – select Open
This resource can be found under our A-Z eResources, along with many of the Waimakariri Libraries’ other eResources and databases.